Papagayo Costa Rica Fishing Reports on July 2009
- Mike Newman and his family were fishing aboard the CORMORAN boat with Jesus Mendez captain, offshore Catalinas islands. They raised 4 sails and released 2, also caught 1 dorado, one jack jurel and one hamberjack.
- Arnaldo Mendez aboard the LA CHILA-G boat took Jim Aychcock and his family for a half day inshore fishing out from Flamingo beach. They raised 3 sails and released 2.
- Nelson Mendez aboard the TUNA-FISH boat took a family from the Four Seasons resort deep sea fishing Tamarindo. They raised 1 marlin and 2 sails, releasing one sail, also caught one 35lbs roosterfish and a bunch of other fishes.
Nelson Mendez, the TUNA-FISH boat captain took CHET DYE from the Hilton Papagayo fishing offshore. They raised a marlin and 3 sails. The 3 sails were released.
- Arnaldo Mendez aboard the LA CHILA-G boat took Dave Thomas and his wife from Playa Conchal deep sea fishing to the golfo de Papagayo. They released 2 sailfish, one rainbow runner and one big needlefish.
- Jeus Mendez aboard the CORMORAN boat took Jerry Segebarth and a friend from the Hilton Papagayo deep sea fishing to the Bat islands. They relseased 3 sailfish and one dorado.
- Adrian Mendez aboard the SEA-SNAKE boat took Michael and a friend from Playa Hermosa for a half day inshore fishing charter. They caught 6 dorados.
Lino Guido, the WAHOO boat captain took two friends from the Hilton Papagayo fishing offshore here in the golfo de Papagayo. They released 5 sailfish.
Jesus Mendez, the CORMORAN boat captain took 5 guys from the Ocotal Beach fishing offshore. They released 2 sailfish, 5 dorados, 3 rainbowrunners and 3 big needlefish.
Richard Hernandez, from the Hilton Papagayo, aboard the SEA-SNAKE boat was fishing inshore at the golfo de Papagayo. He caught 6 dorados.
Arnaldo Mendez, aboard the CORMORAN boat took Jorge Corrales and his family from Playa Conchal fishing out to the golfo de Papagayo. They released 3 sailfish and caught 6 dorados.
- Adrian Mendez aboard the SEA-SNAKE took Mathew Meek and a friend, from the Hilton Papagayo Resort, inshore fishing to the Catalinas islands. They released a nice roosterfish a dorado and a Pompano.
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
About The Author: Captain Genaro Mendez
Company: Papagayo SportFishing
Area Reporting: Gulf of Papagayo and Tamarindo
Bio: Genaro Mendez owns a fishing charter business: Papagayo SportFishing at Playa del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica. He provides fishing charters in gulf of Papagayo and Tamarindo fishing region.