SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO NOW?
Early this week we experienced some rain. Then we got more rain. I was beginning to think it would never stop but after 3 days it finally did. This weather brought low pressure that not only made boat rides uncomfortable it also shut the great fishing we were experiencing right down.
Then the rain stopped and the tuna popped. The bite has been a little different every day but boats willing to go the distance and take the time have been rewarded with limits. The fish have been from 20 to 35 miles off shore. Sometimes we are finding them with spotted dolphin and sometimes they are just breezing.
Most mornings, using our gyro binoculars, we have been able to spot working birds in the distance which is always where the tuna are feeding. Finding the fish doesn't mean they are going to bite right way though. Yesterday first thing in the morning the tuna charged the boat and bit everything in the water. The day before they were foaming around the boat but we couldn't buy a bite. It was a matter of just working hard, having patience and waiting until the fish decided to cooperate.
I had a little difficulty with a group this week that didn't have the faith or patience and made me leave the scene before making the score. It was very frustrating to go the distance, find the fish and have to leave them. I learned many years ago you don't leave fish to go find fish.
It has been a little inconsistent for boats targeting Marlin, Dorado and roosterfish. Sometimes they will go but it is the tuna that has been pure action.
Below I have posted a few random photos from this week of smiling anglers.
Great Sea of Cortez sunrise
We have been knee deep in tuna scoring limits every day
Halco Laser Pro 160's and 190's have been our secret weapon for tuna and dorado
For the latest East Cape conditions "like" [url]www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing[/url]
US cell 310 308 5841